For the final, you will want to have read these selections prior to coming.
This little packet (posted on the Google Drive) includes:
* Two pages from Romeo & Juliet from Act 2, scene 2 a.k.a. The Balcony Scene
* Two pages from To Kill a Mockingbird where Scout and Atticus are sitting on the porch after Scout has had a rough day at school
* Three pages from Of Mice & Men where Lennie is talking to Crooks, the African-American stable buck (tends the horses and gear)
* An article from Wired magazine about people making their own apps to solve interesting problems
* An article from Wired magazine about Pinterest and social media and the sorts of things that gain popularity on social media
Make sure you bring the packet with you to the final.
At the final you will write three DEJs, one on theme, one on characterization, and one on point of view.
You will also do a set of text connections (text to text, text to world, text to self)
And then we will have a graded class discussion.
BRING your five paragraph essay about what you have learned about yourself, others, and English this year to the final. You will probably not have time to write that in class. (It should have a hook intro and a solid thesis, strong details in the three body paragraphs, and a “so what?” conclusion